Monday, October 31, 2011
Bowl of comfort
I made chili the other night in another desperate attempt to make it feel more like Fall. I keep 'doing' all these things to convince my brain that the calendar is about to actually turn to November tomorrow and that it is not really going to be 90 today. As I am forcing these things into my brain I am reminded that God is the one in control. He can make it cooler...make it feel like the summer is about to lose it's grip, and if I am completely honest He has already, sort of anyway. I walked to the mailbox this morning and it was lovely. I sat at a soccer game this weekend with the gentle warmth of the sun, not the blistering baking. We walked to our church's trunk or treat...WALKED! It was a great evening...it was a reminder that Fall has indeed come and that we are about to embark into a month of teaching out children to be more thankful...it is here. I do not need to force myself into anything. I relish these days of cool evenings and soft afternoon warmth. We are blessed to be able to enjoy so much of God's gorgeous creation this time of year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment