Thursday, October 6, 2011

Now THAT is a smart idea


One of the greatest ideas that came out of the mom2mom September meeting was putting all socks in a bag. I do not like laundry...even more, I am so perplexed all the time as to what the heck happens to all the socks. They go in and come out as if half of them abandoned ship in the washer. I am still convinced somewhere out there exists a sock monster.

This idea was presented with every child having their own sock bag, but in my family that would never work. Why? Well, several kids all wear the same size and type of socks and to have them each with their own bag put a ton of responsibility on them to actually use the bag correctly and I am not sure that would be any easier for me. So I adjusted and have attached one larger bag to the front of my freezer in my laundry room. They all know when they get home from school to put their socks in this bag. (It is not 100% effective yet but they are getting better.) I toss it in the laundry and what do you know...matching pairs come out of the dryer!!!

Can you feel my feet dancing for joy through my words? I think this idea was born from a very smart mother out there somewhere and I am just thankful to be the one who heard about it. Thank you too all the moms out there who have come before me and have passed on their amazing ideas...it has made one of my pet peeves a little more bearable.

No comments: