Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Sweet Memories
Tonight was BLT night, (- the 'T'). This meal holds a special affection in my heart. We went on a 7 day Mexican Riviera Cruise for our honeymoon nearly 15yrs ago. It was a great time although we certainly didn't party the way most of the passengers did. We would eat the gourmet meal for dinner, enjoy the evening entertainment and then head back to our cabin. Every night, and I mean EVERY night was would order late night room service. And why not, it doesn't cost anything more...it's included in your ticket on the cruise. We would giggle about ordering because we were young, very poor and for us this was the meaning of luxury at the time. What did we order? BTL sandwiches and chocolate milks...every single night! And it was the most delicious BTL's I have eaten even to date. I am not sure if it was because we knew it was luxury to us, or if it was truly that good but it didn't matter. As I bit into my sandwich tonight I couldn't help but be drawn right back to those nights. They were fun, tasty and just plain old sweet. It is hard to believe we will be celebrating 15yrs of wedded bliss next summer...maybe we should celebrate with BTL's and chocolate milk.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment