Monday, October 24, 2011

DIY = saving some $$$


We bought this awesome table from some friends from church and I love it because it has 2 leaves to expand it to seat 10 people and with a family of 7 I want to sit around the table all together. This table has a bench option but it is like $89 smackers and we figured we could build it stronger for cheap and make it a contrasting color if we want...so that is what we did this weekend. For about $40 in wood and paint we have a bench where three of our younglings can sit so we can enjoy dinner together. I was very satisfied until about an hour ago and I got this wild idea to make it even more meaningful.

So a little paint, an hour and a steady hand and BAM...it is done!!

 (Actually I need to paint a clear coat but I have kiddos napping so that will have to wait until tonight!)

 I don't just love it, I LOVE it!!!! 

Next...making new curtains over Christmas break I hope!!!! Slowly but surely the original playroom is growing up as is our awesome family.

1 comment:

Adrienne Gibson said...

wow...I LOVE that bench. I sure do miss that table!