
Our annual Women's Christmas dinner is always the first weekend in December and is one of my favorite parts of the holiday season. I have been so involved with this event for the past 5 years, and although I have stepped back this year, it does not make the event any less special in my heart! I still get to help a little, fill up my "servant" tank and not have the stress of the event piled on. It has given me a chance to reflect on Christmas beyond the regular holiday "to do" lists. Even now, with Silent Night playing in the background I can't help but focus on the reason of Christ's birth...to die for us. God gave up the biggest part of himself so that we may enter into a deep and passionate relationship with Him. Sometimes in the day to day of life, the most important part of this holiday can be over looked, and yet it is also so incredibly overwhelming. My prayer is that each day, throughout the whole year, I wake up remembering that God revealed His unconditional love one magnificent night with the birth of a baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment