Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Not even close

Ok, so having a large family, and 3 of the 5 kids being African American, of course I get a tons of second looks, we just laugh sometimes at what people must be thinking, but today trumps all other trips out. Amazingly, I only had Nathan and my friend Suzy's son Evan, who by the way is 3 and could easily fit in to the family with his coloring; blonde, blue eyes and fair complexion. The older kids were all in school and I ran a few errands, (wanted to buy new jeans with my bday money!!). I was waiting in line at Macy's, JC Penny's and Costco today and all three times I was asked if the boys, (Nathan and Evan) were twins. Ummmmm, yup they sure are...don't they look exactly alike?
Ok, please telling me you are laughing right now because I have been all day. Seriously people, do they look like twins...their skin is completely different colors? Funny how when people aren't sure what to say that this was the best they could come up with. Oh well, chalk this one up for one of the funniest things we have heard all year.

1 comment:

Melissa Stephenson said...

Ha ha! That is hilarious!!! I had Brynn on Monday and lots of people thought her and Aaron were twins (a lot more believable than yours). One old guy asked me how much weight I gained with them!!! =) LOL!