Monday, September 28, 2009

Heart and Soul



With the anticipation of the courts dates over the summer God has been teaching me many big things but also a few small ones too. One example is eating...I am an emotional eater. When there is stress, anxitey or am borken hearted feeding my heart and soul has become a bad habit. Starbucks, pizza and let's not forget Mexican food have been a faithful companion this summer. Unfortunatly it comes with a little bit of baggage too...like about 5 extra pounds...just enough to make my pants tight. So, with my new awareness I of course needed to make a few changes, but I love to eat. I enjoy savory, flavor-filled food and I the more butter and cream the better...what is a girl to do? Get creative!! Last night I made homemade pizza crust and replaced a significant amount with whole wheat flour. Oh my, fresh basil, tomatoes and mozzeralla on the crust was so good! (And I felt less guilty) So, inspired by my new attitude I made banana bread this morning with some whole wheat flour and flax seeds...the bread is more dense which will take some getting used to but all in all delicious! And I didn't stop there...why not make eggs with leftover zucchini, orange bell peppers, onion, and tomoatoes seasoned with a little garlic salt and pepper...flavorful and more healthy than a McD's breakfast burrito. On my way to enjoying food but being a bit smarter about it.

No comments: